Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by means of a number of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of rich choice of textures and colors, such floors look magnificent and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid timber, therefore it’s often employed as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its 1poshtoram.ru attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made of pure stone or wood.
No matter how ideal this substance is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large cost. The product, that can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these prices are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing substance.
The two kinds of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.